W1NRG Forum

Full Version: FREE BOOK - STATION BUILDING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To all:
This is a free download
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/k1ttt

The book encompasses the construction of one of the world's premier contesting stations.

I've been to K1TTT a couple of times, for picnics, not as a guest op and it is something to see.

Contesting aside, Dave K1TTT, has built his station using a very common sense approach to station building. World class or 50 watts from a closet his "seat of the pants" approach has hints that everyone can use in their station.

Download the book and enjoy...or not Smile

Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia
(11-19-2014, 11:43 AM)W1CTN Wrote: [ -> ]To all:
This is a free download
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/k1ttt

The book encompasses the construction of one of the world's premier contesting stations.

I've been to K1TTT a couple of times, for picnics, not as a guest op and it is something to see.

Contesting aside, Dave K1TTT, has built his station using a very common sense approach to station building. World class or 50 watts from a closet his "seat of the pants" approach has hints that everyone can use in their station.

Download the book and enjoy...or not Smile

Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia

One of the things that I wanted to advocate when becoming an officer is getting members interested and excited in building, improving and operation of their own home stations. We've got a lot of members and especially new members I think that once they see what they can do on the air, and how when they work a contest, or work DX or chase WAS or Counties, or 10-10 numbers, IOTAs, Lighthouses or just get on and work a station and have a QSO those contacts could go toward their own awards with their own calls on them they will be hooked for life. There are tons of contests and QSO parties where they can sit from the comfort of home, put in some time, submit their logs and credit the club. I like people to remember why they became hams, there was some sort of "spark" where they saw what hams do and thought "gee that would be fun". I hope Dave's book lights that fire in them.

Al
Already on the USB stick. Idea