W1NRG Forum

Full Version: Eritrea miss...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

K1SEZ

I failed to make a connection with E30FB on any band, any mode... after trying for a total of probably 5 hours over the last few days. I could easily hear them on 12, 17, 20 and 30 m, so conditions were not the problem but I could not catch a break.

QRM was terrific, and poor techniques around their operating frequency made listening difficult. Finding the last station they worked is normally "easy", but the hordes of callers aimlessly filling the spaces throwing out their call sign were hard to handle.

I know Al, N1API, scored but did anyone else log'em?

73, SEZ
(03-17-2015, 10:28 AM)K1SEZ Wrote: [ -> ]I failed to make a connection with E30FB on any band, any mode... after trying for a total of probably 5 hours over the last few days. I could easily hear them on 12, 17, 20 and 30 m, so conditions were not the problem but I could not catch a break.

QRM was terrific, and poor techniques around their operating frequency made listening difficult. Finding the last station they worked is normally "easy", but the hordes of callers aimlessly filling the spaces throwing out their call sign were hard to handle.

I know Al, N1API, scored but did anyone else log'em?

73, SEZ

Sorry you did not catch them. It was many hours of long hard work to log them. Toughest was RTTY with their upside-down transmit and right-side-up receive, that was close to 12 hours of constant calling.

This DXpedition is not going to win any awards!

Al