W1NRG Forum

Full Version: Bands are improving IMHO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From my perspective the bands are looking favorable since yesterday. Made a contact to Kuwait on 17m today and South America was really strong on 10m tonight. Finally got fldigi running well and exploring 14.070 a bit tonight... need to get macros in place (good thing I'm a fast typist). Getting tired so signing and time to veg out now.

KC1AXJ
Steve and others...
During the last three days 15-17-20 meters have all been open well after 2 AM local...I usually go to bed before 2 AM, but the conditions were too good to pass up.

Long and short path with western Pacific, Indian Ocean, Middle East and of course Europe, Africa and South America. Some signals have polar flutter but copy is fine.

I was working a couple of stations last night from the Indian Ocean and an Alaskan asked me to QSY after I signed with the 2 FR's. He was in Wasilla AK and we had a nice 1 hr + ragchew.

Check the upper bands late in the evening and get some surprises. BTW the two FR stations were only running 100 watts and were S7 the entire time I heard them on..over an hour from 10:45 local to midnight.

Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia