W1NRG Forum

Full Version: Guying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for inputs on various material to use for guying. I've tried Nylon rope, but it seemed to stretch. I'm currently using aircraft cable but I'm seeing the longest guys starting to stretch a little. Looking for dimensional stable guying material and wondering what you folks may have had experience with.

I have always had good luck with UV Phillystrand guy wire. Usually it is black. It does stretch some after a while so you will need to tighten it up and re-true the straightness after a few weeks, usually just once.

Also if you are using it for a beam and a rotor, if you have only one or two sections of mast and are planning just one or two sets of guys. I would suggest mounting the rotor as low to the base as you can and using rotating guy rings on the mast. This keeps the heavy weight of the rotor low so you aren't top heavy.

Al

(02-25-2016, 07:44 AM)KC1AXJ Wrote: [ -> ]Looking for inputs on various material to use for guying. I've tried Nylon rope, but it seemed to stretch. I'm currently using aircraft cable but I'm seeing the longest guys starting to stretch a little. Looking for dimensional stable guying material and wondering what you folks may have had experience with.