Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrate Wallingford / Fishbein Race
Ok,

At the risk of being repetative, this weekend is the Celebrate Wallingford event and the Fishbein Race.

Celebrate Wallingford
The Celebrate Wallingford event happens on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is from 11AM to 6PM while Sunday is noon to 5PM. The Emergency Management trailer will be near the Fire Station on Main Street which is near the Telephone Company and Police building in the center of town. I understand there will be an easy up canopy near the trailer for us to 'man' the 'booth'. I am printing up a few application forms and history of the club as talking points to those of the public who are interested in knowing about the club and what we are all about. Below is the list of folks that have volunteered to be at the 'booth' during the event, BUT any club member that wants to stop by and assist is encouraged.
Inline image 1
Please bring your HT or DMR portable with you as these are good talking points to the public. Folks that can't make the event, if you could monitor the .360 repeater and chime in if anyone calls out from the event for a check that would be beneficial.

Fishbein Race

The race this year is on SUNDAY, which is different than in past years. The race also runs a different route than in past years too. The start is near the Y in Wallingford on Elm Street at 9 AM and the Finish line is on Main Street near the post office. Here are the list of volunteers that stepped forward to assist the Y with communications and time keeping.

Inline image 2
The race should be completed by 11 AM at the latest, so the volunteers can be on their way before the crowds start funneling in for Sunday's Celebrate Wallingford.

If you are one of the volunteers assisting with the race on Sunday, you should be receiving your information packet and stop watch before Thursday. If you haven't received you packet, then meet up at the Wallingford Y at 8 AM on Sunday morning and get your 'stuff' from Chris and I. In advance the club thanks all those members that gave up their time to assist the Y and the town with these events. Really hoping for good clear weather and many club members to stop by the trailer area during the Celebrate Wallingford to promote the club to the town and show our support.

General Parking and the Swearing in Ceremony
Parking is going to be difficult both days. The Celebrate Wallingford Committee gave me this blurb this morning when I asked about parking, especially for the folks attending the swearing in ceremony on Saturday at noon.

Here was their response;
You can access the town hall parking lot from Prince Street - you can also access the parking lot at 88 South Main Street from South Main Street - both are public lots.

I have pared on Wallace Avenue in past years but it fills up quickly.

If you have questions, drop either Chris Seivert or me an email.

Steve - KC1SA
73, Steve - KC1SA