Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQ WW RTTY Results - Post your scores here.

Here are my results for the CQ WW RTTY Contest this weekend. Who says that 10 meters is dead? I had a nice run Sunday on 10 meters along with some nice contacts Saturday into the Pacific.

I had some great runs on 15 and 20 too. Nice run today on 20 meters on the bottom of the band. How I secured and kept that prime spot for about 2 hours I don't know. My best runs were on 15 meters though. Nothing to spectacular, but it was nice to be called by TAs and A6s. Band were supposed to be just mediocre but they were pretty good overall.

So here are the results. Spent the weekend "pushing buttons".

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CALLSIGN: N1API
CLUB: Meriden ARC
CONTEST: CQ-WW-RTTY
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: RTTY
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CLAIMED-SCORE: 730616
OPERATORS: N1API
NAME: Al
ADDRESS:
ADDRESS-CITY:
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: CT
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE:
ADDRESS-COUNTRY: United States
CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger V14.9.0

Summary:
Band ------ QSOs ------ ZN ------ Cty ------- ST/PROV
14 -------- 317 ------- 21 ------ 69 -------- 24
21 -------- 325 ------- 22 ------ 76 -------- 25
28 -------- 172 ------- 21 ------ 57 -------- 12
Total ----- 814 ------- 64 ------ 202 ------- 71
Score: 730,616

I ran into a couple of Club Members this weekend. If you worked the contest submit your score and credit the Meriden ARC. Let's see where we come in on the Local Club Class.

-73- Al
I agree: 10M Sunday was open until the PM. Gathered 19900 points even though I didn't work it Saturday All day (Saturday was a busy day with Maloney Band Pit Crew). Followed band openings thru 40M so I don't know what everyone else was talking about (bad Band Openings). Had a nice two hour run myself until 4:30AM Saturday morning when I had to call it quits due to an obligation (Pit Crew). That started at 8:00AM so I was a draggin OM all day!
Then Sunday afternoon my Power Supply died. Down abt 6 hours until I remembered I had emergency battery power... duh. Worked it until my last call at 2359. Never used the Spotter either. Amazing how the Band just went silent at 12:00AM!

BTW: Entered Rookie Class.
K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email

(09-29-2014, 10:30 AM)KC1ACN Wrote: I agree: 10M Sunday was open until the PM. Gathered 19900 points even though I didn't work it Saturday All day (Saturday was a busy day with Maloney Band Pit Crew). Followed band openings thru 40M so I don't know what everyone else was talking about (bad Band Openings). Had a nice two hour run myself until 4:30AM Saturday morning when I had to call it quits due to an obligation (Pit Crew). That started at 8:00AM so I was a draggin OM all day!
Then Sunday afternoon my Power Supply died. Down abt 6 hours until I remembered I had emergency battery power... duh. Worked it until my last call at 2359. Never used the Spotter either. Amazing how the Band just went silent at 12:00AM!

Well that's a nice first effort! Great. We'll make a contester out of you yet. Your life will never be the same!

-73- Al
(09-29-2014, 01:29 PM)N1API Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 10:30 AM)KC1ACN Wrote: I agree: 10M Sunday was open until the PM. Gathered 19900 points even though I didn't work it Saturday All day (Saturday was a busy day with Maloney Band Pit Crew). Followed band openings thru 40M so I don't know what everyone else was talking about (bad Band Openings). Had a nice two hour run myself until 4:30AM Saturday morning when I had to call it quits due to an obligation (Pit Crew). That started at 8:00AM so I was a draggin OM all day!

Oh by the way you may want to send a few bucks to the W1 Bureau if you have not yet. You will probably get some QSL from there.

Well that's a nice first effort! Great. We'll make a contester out of you yet. Your life will never be the same!

-73- Al
Yeah they tried explaining all that but I haven't looked into it yet. Don't know if it's worth it.
You use it? "Send a few bucks....", is that all ? Seems like more is needed.
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email

(09-29-2014, 03:10 PM)KC1ACN Wrote: Yeah they tried explaining all that but I haven't looked into it yet. Don't know if it's worth it.
You use it? "Send a few bucks....", is that all ? Seems like more is needed.

Well they use the money for postage to send cards to you. So if you send them 5 bucks, (send a check or MO), they will use it until it is almost exhausted then you will see a note on the pack saying they need more for your account. The money is used just to purchase envelopes and postage. The service is free otherwise. The more you send the longer it will last. If you plan to do a lot of contests and contacts, send more. But if you just do a few hundred DX contacts a year then 5 dollars will last a couple of years.

Al
Got some chair time in.
A bit Friday night, some Saturday and Sunday.
Had a lot of family stuff this weekend.
All in all, fun time.
Glad 10M was open

the Damage!

420 QSO's

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CALLSIGN: K1PU
CLUB: Meriden ARC
CONTEST: CQ-WW-RTTY
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: RTTY
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CLAIMED-SCORE: 281134
OPERATORS: K1PU

Nice job everyone. One of my hopes for the club is that we all get excited about operating our stations again outside of the the nets and we can develop a nice group of contesters who will work some of the major DX and US contests from their homes and send the scores in with credit for the Club.

Also that people just get on the air and start to make contacts from their home stations. Maybe chase some DX, or WAS, or Counties or just get on and rag chew and meet people. Do something on the air that floats your boat.

Al
FYI: The Russian Digi Contest coming up this weekend: RUS-WW-DIGI

More info here: Russian Digi Contest (PSK & RTTY only)

FWIW
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email