Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-1/2 HR SWEEP
A couple of hours last night and this afternoon has resulted in my fastest sweep
4-1/2 hrs with Corliss, AL1G as # 83

I've seen cluster spots from the club ops on all bands ... You're doing a great job !

With good antennas in the future, coupled with state of the art equipment, W1NRG will be known worldwide as a contesting power house.

Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia
Wow Dave nice going! Great determination!

The last contact needed by W1NRG and obtained was VE Maritime, coming in the last hours of the competition.
Joe persisted and came through as did All Operators - K1VDF John, KC1AXJ Steve, KC1BAQ Joe (working with a bug which he happily kept to himself!), and Yours Truly.
Skip (W1SKP) wanted to Operate but had a bug of his own to deal with. N1ZN Jim & N1API Al Operated Sunday along with Joe to cap it off.

Thanks to KB1HCC Haggie for setup/takedown, Rich for the same and getting me straight with the Wireless, equipment connections & equipment familiarization, Steve for horsepower during setup, Al N1API, John K1VDF for contesting guidance, Dave W1CTN for Contesting Guidance and N1MM familiarization and Joe for equipment takedown with Haggie.
Not wanting to leave anyone out, Thanks to The Entire Club since guidance & assistance comes not only during Contest Time but throughout the year. Thanks To All!

If you Operated and are not listed here, please reply and add your name. Clean Sweep Mugs for All Operators per Bill (W1KKF)!

I'm on the bandwagon for Us creating a State of the Art Contest Station and Group at The Club!
K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email

Correction: K1VDF is John. You called him Dave in the first part of the email, but got it right later in the emailSmile By the way, I'm feeling much better today. Hope no one else caught my cold!

Joe
(11-17-2014, 06:38 PM)KC1BAQ Wrote: Correction: K1VDF is John. You called him Dave in the first part of the email, but got it right later in the emailSmile By the way, I'm feeling much better today. Hope no one else caught my cold!

Joe
Joe

What band did you get the last ones on? I know 10 was on it's way out when I left. Signals on 15 were going down. I forgot to change myself as the operator when I was on, but you can probably figure that out from the ones that I picked up.

Al
Jim and I picked up AK (Alaska) and PAC (Hawaii) back to back on 15M. It just took some patience and persistence. I was working the software and Jim was on the mic. They were really weak signals but we were fortunate enough to find a break in the pileup and got through to each one. I was also able to work AK again later in the night on 20M.

The very last one we needed was MAR (maritime). I spent several hours chasing two MAR stations on 15 meters, but could never get through over the big signals and the band just kept getting worse. Then someone on the cluster reported a MAR station on 40M and he responded back to me on my first call for the sweep! I was so excitedSmile

Joe
AWESOME! I'm psyched for the 10M Contest coming up!
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email

To all,

Yes this was a lot of fun. Had some dead time on Sunday but persisted and pulled in WY and a few others that were tough to hear mid-day. It was a great feeling seeing those sections turn from a white box to a red box as the day went on. Look forward to doing more of this as a group. Sorry I couldn't help take down the equipment today.

Steve - KC1AXJ
73, Steve - KC1SA
Awesome Steve. I met Joe (KC1BAQ) at The Club today to grab the Laptop.
We put away the remainder of the Equipment away too. All cleared out.
Thanks to Haggie (KB1HCC) for deconstructing the radiating gear today!

Bill (W1KKF) mentioned the Rookie Roundup (CW) and John (N1GNV) mentioned something on the Reflector today about the 10M CW/SSB Contest coming up. I'm interested! The Bug has truly bitten me I guess!
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email

Maybe it was a contest bug I caught this weekend.