Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARC Club members - Action Item required by 1/28/2017
Folks,

Check your emails, you should have receieved an email from KC1SA Friday morning pertaining to a form that needs to be filled out and returned to a club office by 1/28/2017. This email went out to 66 of our 75 members, some folks don't have email accessibility. Here's the email content that went out, I'll see if I can attach the form to this post (but it may be too large).

Steve - KC1SA

-----------------------------

Folks,

The Wallingford Emergency Management department will need each MARC member to complete the attached background check form. The EOC is our Club's meeting house (EOC is an acronym for Emergency Operation Center) and the Wallingford Emergency Management department will need this form for any MARC member who will be in the EOC facility at anytime (for meetings, using radio equipment, Field Day, Contesting, ARES events, etc).

Here are the steps required for your action item:

1. Complete the attached form.
2. Place the completed form into an envelope and seal it.
3. Get this sealed envelope to a club officers no later than Monday January 30, 2017

The club officers will get all the sealed envelopes to the administration office of Wallingford Emergency Management, they require these document on February 1st. Only the Emergency Management office will open the envelopes OR just the company doing the background checks. The contact for Wallingford requesting these background checks is Steve Alsup, the Wallingford Deputy Fire Chief (you'll see his name on the form).

If you have issues getting this form to us, drop me a line an we can arrange to pick the form up from you. Sorry for the short notice, but this was dropped in our lap on Wednesday.

Watch for a forums posting on the club website for Q&A on this topic (if there are any).

Steve - KC1SA
73, Steve - KC1SA
Q&A's

Q1. What if I don't feel comfortable filling the form out and submitting? Specifically the question asked was;
" what is the ramifications if we have a member that isn't comfortable with signing this form (for what ever reason)?

Not allowed in the building?
Allowed in the building but can't use equipment?
Allowed in the building and can use equipment but can't be part of Emcom / Emergency Management / CD?
"
A1. The answer back: "Not sure at this time".

Q2. What if I don't attend meetings that often, how do I get this form to the club for submission to the town?
A2. Send your signed form to the MARC Post Office Box. Mark on the envelope "ATTN: FORM" so we know NOT to open this envelope. The MARC mailing address is:
Meriden Amateur Radio Club
PO Box 583
Meriden CT 06450

Q3. When are these forms due to the town.
A3. Len has requested that all forms be completed and turned into the town on February 1, 2017. Plan accordingly if sending your form to the PO Box. Meriden local mail can take 4 days to be delivered!

Q4. What is Social Trace on the form? All the other traces are self explanatory but Social Trace, what is that background check?
A4. Basically its a check to match who you say you are with your Social Security number.

Q5. How secure is the information on the form when it leaves me?
A5. Currently checking with Wallingford to see how the town secures this information. American Screening, the company the town is employing to do the search, has secure servers where this information is stored. A fact sheet will be coming from that company to address security concerns.

Q6. How can I get more information on this?
A6. Attend the Activity Meeting on January 26, 2017.
73, Steve - KC1SA
Question:

After 'American Screening' completes the background check, can we get the Form returned to each respective Member?
K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email