W1NRG Forum

Full Version: CQ WW SSB Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you worked the CQ WW SSB Contest please report your results and stories here by replying to this message.
Well I did not have any solid plans on what I was going to do this weekend in the contest.

I knew that I would get on some and make a "few" contacts ... and then 10 meters happened!
This is "just a sample" of what the bands are like in the high sunspot years.   We still have
not reached the peak yet and I expect that when we do do we will see these kind of
openings every day and also late into the evening.   KL7RA was almost 10 over 9 on 10
meters, the strongest I've ever hear Alaska.  All the band were hot and if you did not
check them out you missed a great chance to work on your DXCC.   The one station I was
happy to work was Z68, Republic of Kosovo on 10 meters that was the last band that I
needed him on and I was waiting to them to work 10 meters, finally.   I did DXCC in a day
and DXCC Plus on 10 meters, it was the money band.  Obliviously my best SSB contest
in many years.   I don't expect to be the winner, but I'm overjoyed with the results.
Here they are.

START-OF-LOG: 3.0

CALLSIGN: N1API
CLUB: Meriden ARC
CONTEST: CQ-WW-SSB
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CLAIMED-SCORE: 571472
OPERATORS: N1API
NAME: Al Kaiser
ADDRESS:
ADDRESS-CITY: Meriden
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: CT
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 06451
ADDRESS-COUNTRY: UNITED STATES
GRID-LOCATOR: FN31OM
EMAIL:
CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.9700.0

Contest CQWWSSB
Band      QSOs      Pts      ZN      Cty
7               11       29        5       10
14           166      462       25      85
21           131      357       25      90
28           240      680       27     107  (!)
Total        548    1528       82     292
Score:  571,472
1 Mult - 1.5 Q's

If you worked the contest please credit Meriden ARC with your score on the log.
We need 3 logs to show in the results.