W1NRG Forum

Full Version: US Islands QSO party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
US Islands QSO party. very fun event. Check out pics on the FB page and I'm sure in future KK. Here's a sound byte (attached) from KC1ACN..anouncing 035L.
(08-29-2015, 12:59 PM)KC1AXJ Wrote: [ -> ]US Islands QSO party. very fun event. Check out pics on the FB page and I'm sure in future KK. Here's a sound byte (attached) from KC1ACN..anouncing 035L.
Did you get the one DX station? There were a ton of US stations on with the KS QSO party running. Give us the link to the pix too.

Al
Germany and US are the two DX stations. I think N1ZN made the DX Germany station.

(08-29-2015, 06:23 PM)N1API Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2015, 12:59 PM)KC1AXJ Wrote: [ -> ]US Islands QSO party. very fun event. Check out pics on the FB page and I'm sure in future KK. Here's a sound byte (attached) from KC1ACN..anouncing 035L.
Did you get the one DX station? There were a ton of US stations on with the KS QSO party running. Give us the link to the pix too.

Al
Congratulations to the crew that activated and validated US Island CT-035L (W1NRG) North Farms.

An operation well done.
Thanks for the sound clip Steve.
Lot of fun especially on a picturesque day! My only regret was not paying attention to the Geocaching stash there. My Kids and I love Geocaching and have had several 'Bugs' go around the world a few times. And quite a few that have gone AWOL too!

I discovered a technique to keeping the weeds and lily pad stems off the oars. Rotating the oar as it came out of the water seemed to work. File that away for next time.

Good event John & Bill, nice going.
Received the correct award today in the mail.