W1NRG Forum

Full Version: CQ VHF Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Please post your CQ VHF Contest Results by replying to this message. For NEW club members you can credit your scores to Meriden ARC.

Here are my results from the contest this weekend.
START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CALLSIGN: N1API
CLUB: Meriden ARC
CONTEST: CQ-VHF
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: MIXED
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CLAIMED-SCORE: 3600
OPERATORS: N1API
NAME: Al
ADDRESS:
ADDRESS-CITY:
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: CT
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE:
ADDRESS-COUNTRY: UNITED STATES

Band ------- Mode ------ QSOs ------- Grd
50 --------- CW -------- 14 ---------- 6
50 --------- SSB ------- 44 --------- 26
144 -------- SSB ------- 16 ---------- 8
Total ------ Both ------ 74 ----------40
Score 3,600

The primary purpose here was to test the new 2 meter beam and the rebuilt SteppIR to see how they performed. I pleased with both. Thursday I decided that the 857D need it's own HF meter so I ordered a Diamond SX-100 from HRO it arrived Friday and it was up and working in no time. Now I don't have to reach behind the DAIWA to see the power on the 857D and forget to switch it back for the 1000 MP.

2 meters did not have any openings. What I worked was primarily ground wave. I've discovered I can work New England, NY, (some) NJ, and some PA. I did not hear RI on 2 but I'm sure if they were there I could have worked them.

6 meters had some nice opening. Yesterday toward the end of the day it finally opened up to the West. out as far as IA. I did hear ND, Mexico and DE on 6 could not work any of them. Today the opening was to the South and some stations had huge signals and were there every time I passed through for hours at a time. Tried a couple of runs on 6 and 2 with limited success. I worked a few old friends from 10 meters on 6. N0TW who is the new incoming 10-10 president next year was so loud I had to turn around to see if he was standing beside me. Those of you who went to the 10-10 convention in Hartford should remember Terry N0TW.

Much fun for the weekend as I was running from 6 meters to 2 meters to 20 meters chasing counties. there. I did managed to knock off a few hard ones in Vermont, Main and New Hampshire on 6 and two meters.

If you played this weekend I hope you had fun.

Al - N1API
I had very little time to operate due to family events both Sat and Sun.
Did manage to make a few contacts. Worked a bunch in EN land.

Band Mode QSOs Pts Grd
50 USB 30 30 16
144 USB 9 18 6
Total Both 39 48 22
Score: 1,056