Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Latest news: - - - - Next Zoom Activity Meeting Thursday March 28th - - - -

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Night Volunteer Needed
We have a last minute need for someone to camp out at the Field Day site Friday night.

The Tents will be up .. but you'll have to supply your own sleeping bag.

Please respond here. Thanks.
Rich - WA1TRY 
(06-27-2014, 12:56 PM)WA1TRY Wrote: We have a last minute need for someone to camp out at the Field Day site Friday night.

The Tents will be up .. but you'll have to supply your own sleeping bag.

Please respond here. Thanks.

If I volunteer, can I play radio?
K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email

Every one who shows up for Field Day can participate operating. We have plenty of open time on the SSB phone station. Stop by and get your feet wet if you are new to this event. This was my first introduction to contesting and it didn't take long to get the hang of it. Just find someone with a little experience.

Things went well this afternoon. Tents are set up. Generator ready. Antennas up. Saturday we will hook up the radios and get on the air. The event start at 2:00PM. We should be ready when the bell rings.

Food and drinks will be available 24 hours.

Do us a favor and stick around or come back at 2:00PM on Sunday to help us tear down. Only takes an hour of so when we have the help. Remember things are easier to take down than to put up.

Many, many thanks to Joe Hamm and his family for camping out Friday night to keep an eye on things.

See you all Saturday. Lets have fun - that's whats its all about.

Jim N1ZN
(06-27-2014, 08:29 PM)N1ZN Wrote: Every one who shows up for Field Day can participate operating. We have plenty of open time on the SSB phone station. Stop by and get your feet wet if you are new to this event. This was my first introduction to contesting and it didn't take long to get the hang of it. Just find someone with a little experience.

Things went well this afternoon. Tents are set up. Generator ready. Antennas up. Saturday we will hook up the radios and get on the air. The event start at 2:00PM. We should be ready when the bell rings.

Food and drinks will be available 24 hours.

Do us a favor and stick around or come back at 2:00PM on Sunday to help us tear down. Only takes an hour of so when we have the help. Remember things are easier to take down than to put up.

Many, many thanks to Joe Hamm and his family for camping out Friday night to keep an eye on things.

See you all Saturday. Lets have fun - that's whats its all about.

Jim N1ZN

Sorry if I confused anyone about the volunteer being needed. I didn't know Joe was going to be back from his vacation in time. He is indeed back and is on - site right now.

Some more notes to add to Jim's. I checked out the generator and all the AC lines. The AC line going to the CW tent had a bad connection at the generator. That has been fixed and we now have power to both stations. Also, we completed setup of the CW station and had a full power test run. No problems .. 100 plus watts out on all bands and zero SWR with the G5RV.

I'll be at the site early Saturday morning. I'd like to try find a better ground for the SSB and VHF station. I may try a "remote" ground and try putting the grounding rod about 20 to 25 feet from the transmitter where we might be able to sink it more than 8 inches. We have a lot of rock ledge at the site. . We have to be concerned that we don't have a long ground lead that is resonant on any band.

See you all in the morning
Rich - WA1TRY