Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
November Sweepstakes
Folks,

I'm just a newbie in the hobby and the club but wanted to get some thoughts and questions down on 'paper' and send out to all. I sent out emails to all on this as well since I want folks to make sure they get this, read this, and hopefully we get things rolling.

A few months ago some of us expressed interest in having a radio station to go to for this months sweepstakes contest. It seemed there were a number of folks wanting to do this and here we are a week to go and haven't heard much else on the subject

I'd really like to see this happen at the club. At my QTH I am limited to what I can have for antennas, and I found field day a great learning experience and hoping the same for the sweepstakes event. I'm not an expert at any of this and really need to have the more experienced folks help out in getting amps/radio/power/antenna situated at the club house for this event. Having the resident N1MM expert(s) on hand would be a big plus.

Anyway, thought I'd toss this out for comments and see how we get this organized. I know we don't have the telephone poles in place at the clubhouse for permanent antenna installations and that probably won't be done by this Friday, however today at the SET we did have HF up and running. There are some trees that we can shoot a rope over to run temporary G5RV antennas for a day. One set of trees abut the apartment complex the other clump of trees are about 100 feet back from the clubhouse. I can take some time off on Friday to assist in setting up the radio gear but would need some help. I can operate SSB and willing to take on at least an 8 hour shift to help with the event.

Steve - KC1AXJ
73, Steve - KC1SA
Hi All,
I too have been looking forward to The Sweeps and hope to put some time in as well. Willing to take a shift or two or whatever as needed.
I think we used N1MM at Field Day and am familiar with the new version; it’s all I use.
I too am looking for some leadership on this being new to the hobby. On our BBS I was advised that The November Sweeps has always been a Club Activity. If there are definite plans underway I haven’t heard them. Maybe someone could clarify this.

I think we will be using the Club Call. I am unsure.

If a crew were committed to putting up the hardware, I’ll make some time Friday to assist and learn.

BTW: If the Club laptop is inop., mine is available and has N1MM and N1MM+ installed. Configuring it for the W1NRG Club Call should not be difficult.
It is already configured for Kenwood TS-450 which I think it identical to the Club TS-690 albeit 6M.

Steve, let me know what times you are taking should we ‘get on the air’.
K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email

(11-10-2014, 12:19 AM)KC1ACN Wrote: Hi All,
I too have been looking forward to The Sweeps and hope to put some time in as well. Willing to take a shift or two or whatever as needed.
I think we used N1MM at Field Day and am familiar with the new version; it’s all I use.
I too am looking for some leadership on this being new to the hobby. On our BBS I was advised that The November Sweeps has always been a Club Activity. If there are definite plans underway I haven’t heard them. Maybe someone could clarify this.

I think we will be using the Club Call. I am unsure.

If a crew were committed to putting up the hardware, I’ll make some time Friday to assist and learn.

BTW: If the Club laptop is inop., mine is available and has N1MM and N1MM+ installed. Configuring it for the W1NRG Club Call should not be difficult.
It is already configured for Kenwood TS-450 which I think it identical to the Club TS-690 albeit 6M.

Steve, let me know what times you are taking should we ‘get on the air’.
Sent an email on this too.... probably a good topic for Thursday at the meeting.

Steve - KC1AXJ
73, Steve - KC1SA
Sunday afternoon I will be out of state until 6 or 7.

Contest stays open until 10PM so I can take a Sunday night shift as well as Saturday afternoon from start until whenever.

Just "Putting It Out There".
I am sure more organization will be proffered Thursday.
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email

I'll be at The Club at 1PM today to connect the WiFi Hotspot and configure the Logger.

Joe (KC1BAQ) and Skip (W1SKP) looks like they're out due to a bug.
If you'd like to help, please come up, call in on the Club 2M Repeater or call someone to check for 'Open' slots.

I know Steve and I have posted our cellular phone numbers on the reflector for anyone to get/give info.

I'm hoping we call a Clean Sweep! GL to All of Us!
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email

We got the clean sweep! Go team!
Thanks Joe, Jim & Al for hanging in there and grabbing those last few for the sweep!
K1RCT - Rob
Home Email