Meriden ARC Web Site | Castle Craig Chapter 10-10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well this N1MM Bug is REALLY Bugging Me!

In my CQWW CW Result report I wrote:
N1API Wrote:So, the weekend starts off with N1MM driving me nutz. Normally when you log a stations and you have the bandmap window open and you work a station the call turns gray to show that you've worked him and when you run up and down the band you don't need to check there again. Well for some reason the call disappears from the bandmap. Calls that you discover and work don't go into the bandmap. If you try to stOre a call in the band map that you worked it still does not go in there. I did find out that if you roll over a worked call that has been spotted is shows in the "precall" area of the main entry screen. I thought that maybe there was a "switch" that had changed in the configuration but I could not find one. I did send in a bug report, let's see what they say.

This bug is really bugging me! I've tried about everything that I can think of including a complete reinstall of N1MM right from the Full Install and then upgrading to the latest Classic version. I still have not hear from the N1MM team on the bug report that I submitted. I did a complete reinstall followed by a shut down of the computer, (rather than a restart) and the starting a new contest yet the issue with the call disappearing from the bandmap still persists. I looked everywhere in the configuration for a possible "switch" that got added to the setting or something that changed but could not find anything.

I really don't know what to do next.
Al,
It's my understanding that support for N1MM Classic has stopped FOREVER.
They have pushed you into using N1MM Plus or be as happy as you can be with the quirks of N1MM Classic.
Since it's a free program there is really no one to complain to. It's their way or the highway !!!

Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia
(12-04-2014, 05:19 PM)W1CTN Wrote: Al,
It's my understanding that support for N1MM Classic has stopped FOREVER.
They have pushed you into using N1MM Plus or be as happy as you can be with the quirks of N1MM Classic.
Since it's a free program there is really no one to complain to. It's their way or the highway !!!

Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia
Well my primary thing was to find out "what changed" from one contest to the next. Even if it was something in my configuration that changed, I'd like to know. Some you get an email back and they may say add the switch -XXXXX in your INI file your ?????? in the computer may have changed or maybe the -xxxxx swtich got deleted from your INI. Before I did the compete reinstall I did a total check of everything including completely cleaning both Firefox and IE of all settings, a check for malware and spyware and viruses with three different programs, then cleaned both Windows and Registry with another program and finally defragged the HD to no advantage.

Yea I know "Plus" is the latest and greatest but I would have liked to have seen this problem solved before I move on.

Al

PS Who knows maybe "grey" got deleted from windows "color map"????
Al...
I don't know what to do to check on those items. But I'm positive the N1MM team will not reply to a "classic" question.
Dave
There's more than one way to skin a cat...
Let me see what I can drudge-up.
K1RCT - Rob
W1NRG Station Activities Manager
Home Email

(12-04-2014, 07:36 PM)KC1ACN Wrote: There's more than one way to skin a cat...
Let me see what I can drudge-up.
Well I just spent the last four hours setting up N1MM Plus, only to find out that it is doing the EXACT same thing the Classic is doing. Spots don't grey out after you work them. Also had an issue setting up the digital interface that I have not been able to figure out. (Digital interface command calls up MMVARI rather than MMTTY and the radio does not go into RTTY IE FSK).

I got to say beside the problem with the bandmap window I don't like the look of the new N1MM Plus! My original fears of will everything fit on my monitor was correct. I've got the windows sized about the way I had them in Classic and some of them run off the side, especially the telnet window. I'm playing with the fonts and sizes to see if I can get it to what it was in Classic.

But the big problems is that damn bandmap window!

Al

Al - N1API
Al,
With plus there is a function for the bandmap to do what you want it to do. I'm at work so I don't have the program in front of me.

All user of N1MM + should subscribe to this Yahoo group for real time answers.

N1MM Logger+ Group

Dave
(12-05-2014, 11:54 AM)W1CTN Wrote: Al,
With plus there is a function for the bandmap to do what you want it to do. I'm at work so I don't have the program in front of me.

All user of N1MM + should subscribe to this Yahoo group for real time answers.

N1MM Logger+ Group

Dave
Well I found it and the answer came from the Yahoo Users Group. Check the "Show Non-workable Spot and Dupes in Bandmap" in the Entry Window Configuration Menu. But I'll be fried to figure out how it got unchecked from one contest to the next after being "on" for all these years!

Well now I'm trying to resize the windows like they were in Classic and get the "look and feel" of the way classic worked back. Playing with the fonts. Had to dump the non-proportional fonts because the columns in some windows didn't line up, especially the telnet and Summary window. Had to go to a proportional font set. Still this looks like it's a huge monitor or multi-monitor program.

Boy that Yahoo group is busy! May need to go to a daily digest since just this morning I've go over thirty messages from them.
Al

Al